All visitors who are not on the visa exemption list must arrange a visa before entering Vietnam. There are several types of visas available, each with a different purpose. The following article will detail some of the most popular visas for using in Vietnam:
"DL" symbol is granted for traveling purpose
1. Legal basis:
- Law No. 47/2014 / QH2013 - Law the exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam
- Circular No. 04/2015 / TT-BCA specified details related form
- Joint Circular No. 01/2012 amending and supplementing Joint Circular No. 04/2002 / TTLT / BCA-BNG dated 01.29.2002 and the Joint Circular No. 055/2009 / TTLT / BCA-BNG 12/05/2009 Ministry of Public security - Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the field of immigration
- A decision of the Minister of Finance No. 136/1999 / QQD-BTC dated 11/10/1999 by public security fee rates for the entry, exit, transit and residence in Vietnam.
2. The purpose of visa and its symbol:
|Purpose of visit||Visa Symbol||Validity||Description||Eligible Extension|
|Travel||DL||30 - 90 days||- Granted for the Tourist.||- Yes. However, the fee is high. Limit extension in 2-3 times.|
|Visit relative||TT||up to 12 months||- Granted for those whose wife, husband, or child under 18 years old with the visa symbols LV1, LV2, DT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD or for parents, wife, husband, or children of Vietnamese citizens.||- Yes. However, extension requires related documents* without leaving Vietnam.|
|VR||up to 06 months||- Granted for visiting relatives or similar purposes.|
|SQ||up to 1 month||- Granted for those who are related and guaranteed by the diplomatic missions and the Consular offices on behalf of the Vietnam Government|
|Working||LD||up to 24 months||- Granted for laborers working in Vietnam.||- Yes. No times limits with low fee. Requires related documents*|
|DN||up to 12 months||- Granted for those who work with or for a company in Vietnam.|
|DT||up to 5 years||- Granted to the foreign Investors or Lawyers.|
|HN||up to 03 months||- Granted for those who join a meeting or conference in Vietnam.|
|PV1||up to 12 months||- Granted to Journalists who have a permanent residence in Vietnam.|
|PV2||up to 12 months||- Granted for Journalists with short-term assignments in Vietnam|
|Studying||DH||up to 12 months||- Granted to students or interns who study in Vietnam||- Yes. No times limits with low fee. Requires related documents*|
In addition, there are visas categorized as NG1, NG2, NG3, NG4, LV1, LV2 related to diplomatic missions. They have a maximum term of up to 12 months and are less popular. If your visa has one of these symbols and needs an extension consultant, please feel free contact us via email or hotline. With more than 10-year experience in Vietnam Immigration Law, we are willing to provide useful information and support.
Hope that this information is useful to you before obtaining a Vietnam visa!
Your Vietnam Immigration Advisor