Vietnam Temporary Residence Card (TRC) is an official permission for foreigners who wishing to reside in Vietnam, only if they must belong to the subjects to be granted TRC under the provision of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam. For most of the cases, the temporary residence card holders are investors whom invest to establish company in Vietnam, or employee being employed and sponsored by an organization in Vietnam.
- Foreigners who are members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations under the United Nations, representative offices of intergovernmental organizations and their spouses, children under 18 years of age, and housemaids during their term of office are granted the TRC with symbol NG3
- People who come to work with units affiliated to Vietnam’s Communist Party; the National Assembly, the government, Central Committee of Vietnamese Fatherland Front, the People’s Supreme Court, the People’s Supreme Procuracy, State Audit Agency, Ministries, ministerial agencies, Governmental agencies, the People’s Councils, the People’s Committees of provinces are granted the TRC with symbol LV1.
- People who come to work with socio-political organizations, social organizations, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry are granted TRC with symbol LV2.
- Foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam are granted TRC with symbol DT
- Managers of representative offices or projects of international organizations and foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam are granted TRC with symbol NN1
- Heads of representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of other foreign economic, cultural, professional organizations in Vietnam are granted TRC with symbol NN2
- People who come to study or serve internship are granted TRC with DH
- Journalists who have permanent residences in Vietnam are granted TRC with symbol PV1
- People who come to work are granted TRC with symbol LD
- Foreigners that are parents, spouse, and children under 18 years of age of the foreigners issued with LV1, LV2, DT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD visas, or foreigners that are parents, spouse, and children of Vietnamese citizens are granted TRC with symbol TT.
- Length of stay in Vietnam more than 1 year
- Valid passport more than 1 year
- If the foreigners have a work permit, the work permit must be valid for 1 year from the date of application for a TRC.
- In case the applicants are investors, there must be written documents like business registration certificates, investment,... to prove that foreigners contribute capital to, or invest in Vietnam enterprises.
- A declaration of information of foreigner who apply for TRC (NA8 Form)
- Valid passport
- The provable documents belong to the regulation at Article 36 of this law: work permit, the certificate of the head of representative official, the member of the board and the other relative documents to meet full conditions granting TRC.
Number of dossier: 1 set
The provable documents for each case:
+ The certification proving that foreigner is a student: student card; certificate of study abroad, trainee issued by the foreign or Vietnam educational and training establishments.
+ DH Visa
+ PV1 Visa
+ Valid passport
+ Letter of invitation (letter of guarantee)
+ Dossier of agencies, organizations, individual guarantee
. A copy of permits for establishment of enterprise
. Notice of use of the seal of the enterprise
+ LĐ Visa
+ Work permit
+ TT Visa
+ Written documents prove the relationship between applicant and sponsor:
. Spouse: Marriage registration
. Parents, children: birth certificate, family register
. Adoptive parent/children: guardian’s certificate
# Case of foreigner investors in Vietnam:
+ ĐT Visa
+ Written documents proving that foreigners contribute capital to, or invest in enterprises in Vietnam (business registration certificates, investment licenses…).
+ Notice of use of the seal of the enterprise
# Case of foreign lawyer practicing in Vietnam
+ ĐT Visa
+ Certificate of foreign worker not being granted work permit
- The TRC with symbol NG3, LV1, LV2, DT and DH are valid less than 05 years.
- The TRC with symbol NN1, NN2, TT are valid less than 03 years.
- The TRC with symbol LD, PV1 are valid less than 02 years.
Immigration management Department, Police provinces and cities directly under the Central Government.
Note: In cases, the companies based in Khanh Hoa, Binh Thuan, Ninh Thuan provinces, Central Highlands, Southeast and Mekong River Delta, TRC will be granted by Vietnam Immigration Office in Ho Chi Minh City.
05 → 07 working days
If you have any queries, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our hotline (+84) 941.226.779
Thanks for your attention!
Your Vietnam Immigration Advisor