According to Vietnam Immigration Law, the visa holders cannot exit with an expired Vietnam visa. However, in some cases, because of unexpected reasons, the visa holders do not exit Vietnam or extend the visa even their Vietnam visa expired. Therefore, today we will find out about the answer of question: How to leave Vietnam with overstaying visa cases?
1. In case your overstaying time is just 1 or 2 days, you are not forced to go to the Immigration Office, you can pay fine fee directly to the Immigration Officer at the exit airport. The fine fee is very small (it’s about US $25), but this way is not legal and your passport may be remarked by Immigration officer.
A suggestion to you is getting a Vietnam visa extension to avoid paying fine fee at Vietnam airport when leaving. However, the processing time of Vietnam visa extension will take you a few days more, the minimum length of extension is one month and the extension for 1 month is higher then fine fee.
2. In case your overstaying time is more than 3 days, you should immediately contact with us for arranging your Vietnam visa extension or an exit visa.
- For those who are overstaying for a few days, the fines will be charged by day.
- For those who are intentional violation or those who are overstaying for long time, the visa holders are forced to leave the country after paying the administrative penalties.
- For those who intentionally repeated offenses for a long time, without respecting for the law, the level of punishment may include administrative penalties, limitation of Vietnamese immigration and enforced deportation.
Some reference cases about the amount of fines (informal sources) as below:
- Over staying up to 10 days: the common penalty is about US $55
- Over staying up to 1 month: the common penalty is bout US $175
- Over staying from 1 to 3 months: the common penalty is about US $440
- Over staying 1 year: the common penalty is more than US $700, enforced deportation, restriction on entry and exit, and prohibited within the specified period.
For further information, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our hotline: +84 941.226.779 (available 24/7)
Thank you for your attention!
Vietnam Immigration Advisor